Many women find that termination is not the answer they initially expected. Emotional stress following abortion may occur within days or weeks, or may not become noticeable for years. You might find yourself...
- Avoiding relationships or struggling with intimacy
- Feeling angry at times for no apparent reason
- Reacting physically and emotionally when abortion is mentioned
- Experiencing intrusive, disturbing thoughts about abortion
- Repeating harmful patterns
- Feeling you should be happy but you're not
- Experiencing dread, depression, guilt
- Lacking inner peace
Our peer counselors are specially trained compassionate listeners who walk with our clients through this grief. We provide a safe place to process the difficult emotions around a past abortion as well as current emotions and struggles.